Wednesday, September 16, 2009

monday?

i'm nervous, apprehensive, scared to death and yet very excited all at the same time. today i sat alone, half dressed, on the table in the doctors office, tears freely welling up in my eyes. strange place to be, i know.  i have not been a good pregnant person this time around. i have been tired beyond anything i have ever experienced. i have had wild mood swings and plain and simply stated, my moods were not easy to control. i have felt immensely ornery and aggravated with everything and everyone. i have not always been kind and those who i love and care for the most have born the brunt of me. so today as i sat alone, exposed, and feeling quite isolated i processed the words my doctor had just used. if not by this weekend, we'll see you monday. what does that mean? that my moods will mellow out? that my aches and pains will be replaced by new and foreign pains of the after? the thing i do know is that the world is going to drastically change for me and my family. we will have a new child in our lives. a sweet, squishy squirmy little baby who will keep us up all night long! my simple afternoons are now looking uncertain, my life will be much busier and my children will need to shift their roles as we welcome this new being into our lives. crazy as it sounds, eric and i don't even have a name chosen for this child. georgia may win the battle as we bring home cake eric marshall.  we'll keep posted. any advice on a name?

6 comments:

Amy Brindley said...

I love the way you write. It's like poetry. Can't wait to meet your little one. I will get my cookbooks out and ready for next week!!

Shannon said...

Sara!!! I don't know if I knew you were even pregnant!!! I will tell you right now. Three is not easy. My baby just turned one and things are even easier. As soon as you get past the first few weeks and figure the baby out things get a bit easier! I will tell you this also. Since my sweet daughter was 6 months old I have been on anti depressants. After Max (my third) I bawled at EVERYTHING. They put me on stronger stuff. I am happy, as normal as a mom can be and love those things. They keep me sain. Not sure if that helps at all but make sure you talk to people. Oh and FYI, I can totally relate to the name did the same on the last one:)

Sarah said...

You describe my mood - everyday - and I'm not even pregnant. No advice on a name - - - but I know you'll find a great one. It took us forever with Conley. Good luck and call me to help with those other two rascals.

The Clark Family said...

Did your baby come yet??? You know you can still use Jackson!!! It'd be fun to have two little Jackson boys running around! I'm sure you'll come up with an awesome name that fits him perfectly once he's here! Can't wait to meet him!

Becky said...

three is not going to be hard.....especially with one gone to school all day, you will do just fine! two was harder for me than three, or even four. You will manage and get your moods back in check. Hope all goes well, I'll be thinking of you!

And......we are coming to vegas in November, I'll for sure be stopping by to meet your little mister!

Bri Adams said...

Sarah Congrats! I hope that all went well with the labor and delivery. I can empathize with you finally as I am half way through my first pregnancy. I'm due in March and can't imagine how much our lives will change. You have always been such an amazing mother - you'll do great with all 3. We're having a girl so our top boy names were: Drew, Remington, and Ryder. You'll know when you look at him if he's a "Cake" or something else. Good luck! Love you.