Wednesday, March 10, 2010
trapped
do you ever sit and wonder about life around you moving on? i mean in a strange and foreign way that as you sit inside the four protective walls of your home that life goes on? hmm, i suppose this thought would seem odd if you had not been on my sofa with me for the past few days. this thought has haunted me as i have been tending to sick babies. three of them, all at the same time, crammed on the couch coughing, sneezing, sniffing and wheezing all over me. don't get me wrong, i love to cuddle, hold and make feel better but we have had so much of it this year it's becoming quite ridiculous. with andrew in school full day and georgia at preschool we have liquidated our savings and have opened a walgreens on our kitchen counter. well, maybe that was a little exaggerated but, you get the point. it surprises me when friends are out and about, grocery shopping, having lunch and not wiping noses, holding sad feverish babies and measuring out yellow cough syrup. i am so looking forward to this winter season being taken over by spring. to allow warm breezes in through open windows, let my kids run around barefoot and breathe warm air deep into their weakened lungs. countless doctors visits, a few specialists lined up and a 3 am hospital visit have trapped me in my home. there is a rumor the sun will shine on this rain soaked desert this weekend and my heart is full of hope that a warm breeze might take away some of this sickness, and some of my cabin fever. either that or i'm going to have to look into tenting the house and lysol bombs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It really is the worst having sick children! I hope yours get better soon. Luckily winter is over for both of us in March! Hang in there!
I am very familiar with life moving on around me while I seem trapped. I am sorry that things are not going your way lately...but I have to tell you that I would trade just about anything to have what you have. Chin up, Spring will be here before you know it.
We've been fighting it here at our house too...but I think the worse is over and we are on the up and up. Hope your kiddos feel better soon! We love you and miss you!!
We too have had a terribly sick year, and last year we had all our surgery's. it's all part of this season of life! good luck, hope everyone is getting better by now!
Post a Comment