Thursday, October 28, 2010
overwhelmed? understatement!
usually i feel behind in tasks around the house. i tend to concentrate on the more important things like kissing dylan, watching georgia "do" stuff and running andrew all over town to soccer and basketball. and, i let things fall by the wayside. lets just say i usually feel like i'm treading water for an analogy. my head's above the water but at any time i could go under! then came september, october, four birthdays and now a baptism. i haven't seen the floor in my closet for some time now, due to laundry. i call our spare bedroom my "hoarding" room because it is the place where i put things so i can "do it later." and, guess what. it's later. i am overwhelmed and now i've plunged under the water and i'm not sure where to start or when i'm going to get another breath. granted, we did have the carpets cleaned and that would explain the dora kitchen in my bathtub and the toy baskets in my closet but really, the problem is much deeper than that! so this weekend i'm taking on the insurmountable task of the hoarding room, the toy baskets and, gulp, the laundry. good thing soccer and bball have been cancelled saturday and, thank heaven for eric who entertained the children while i folded my closet floor worth of laundry! only 3 more loads! oh, wait, i am starting to feel that breath of air. hopefully, if my laundry doesn't kill me, i'll be back in the familiar treading water stage of my life soon enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm with you Sarah! I've never felt this busy in my entire life and didn't know things could be THIS busy. Hang in there, I am sure it it bound to ease up at some point.
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who lets things slide to hang out with my kiddo. Can't wait to see you next week! Let me know what I can do to help out!
Post a Comment