Friday, September 12, 2008

pizza, nkotb and my birthday

so here i am, on the eve of my 31st birthday posting another blog. strange to think 31 years ago blogging didn't even exist. have i really been alive for that long, or, (please tell me this one), technology seems to age faster than me! sobering as it is, i am finally accepting the fact that i am officially in my 30's! yikes. i mean, i'm not a newly married, i'm not a newly mommied, i'm living the dream! i'm married to a fabulous man, i have two kids, own a home and an suv which i drive it to soccer practice and i get to stay at home with my crazy kids. are you kidding me? the only problem i see is the fact i so don't feel the 31 years i actually am. for instance, take my evening tonight: after plans fell through for a girls night, we had the james family up for an impromptu pizza party (mr. marshall was in charge of dinner) complete with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and rootbeer. honestly, does that sound like the diet of a mature, resourceful, serious 31 year old? following the main course, a light gossip session about celebrities started in... honestly, what is jennifer anniston going to listen to now that she and john mayer broke up i mean, he's everywhere! conversation turned to naming the celebs that come to vegas to restart their careers, for example, donny osmond, cher, celine dion, bette midler, the new kids on the block. well, this subject went on for a while and ended in a frantic itunes search and a dance off with the kids. seriously people, my night was catered to a 13 year old, hardly my 31 years. my mom always told me she never felt her age, she always felt so much younger just in an older body. i'm starting to understand this. as i looked into the mirror this morning i swear i saw a gray hair and i just have a feeling i should be using a stronger under eye cream, those dark circles and smile lines look a little too prominent! so, happy birthday to me! if you're around some chocolate cake tomorrow, please have a slice for me! oh, and here's a blast from the past, a video of the nkotb! rock on baby! - that is if you're tough enough!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I still remember going to the nkotb concert with you....I knew one song...you knew them ALL! what a fun night that was! I was just glad to be with you on your birthday! Happy Birthday! (I meant to mail out a card, but with Matt gone and me having a sinus cold, I've been a little distracted!) Hope it's a great day! love you, Becky

Michelle said...

Hi! You don't know me. But I knew Eric in HS. I found your blog by blog surfing some other blogs from Springville natives! :) I am SO with you on the aging thing! I am 33 and sometimes I get startled by walking by the mirror and seeing this old woman instead of me! :) Happy Birthday! Tell your hubby hi for me. If you are interested in viewing our blog send me an email to theshermans6@gmail.com (we had to go private) and I might even tell you a funny story about your husband! :) Michelle Zenger Sherman

Elizabeth J. said...

Wish we could have been there. Happy birthday!!! Hope it was freaking awesome.